Information For Tenants
Check our letting's guide if you would like to know more about the process of renting a property.
- Viewing of the property you are interested in. This can be done in person or if you prefer you can have a virtual viewing by prior arrangement.
- Once you have decided you would like to rent your new home from Hunter Leahy, contact our Letting Team to confirm it is available for you to rent.
- Pay the holding deposit (details on our website) and complete the application form, send in ID and other documents required to complete the referencing and right to rent checks. Please remember we are required to carry out ID checks on all tenants.
- We will send an agreement to lease document to you confirming receipt of the holding deposit.
- Once referencing and checks are completed a tenancy agreement will be sent for you to read and review.
- Arrange with our lettings team a date and time to sign in the tenancy agreement.
- Agree with our lettings team a move in date.
- Hunter Leahy will be busy in the background preparing your new home ready for the start of the tenancy.
- Pay the balance of your first month's rent and the security deposit ensuring we need to be in receipt of it ready for the start for the start of tenancy.
- Meet our Inventory Clark Representative at the property at the agreed date and time.
- Our representative and yourself will finalise the Inventory and Schedule of Condition together and record all the utility readings.
- Our move in pack will be given to you which will include all legally required documentation along with other useful information relating to the property.
- Lastly, we will hand the keys to you to a quiet enjoyment of your new home.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments before the tenancy starts (payable to Hunter Leahy 'the Agent'):
- Holding Deposit: 1 week's rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks' rent